Wednesday, July 09, 2008

prayers, prayers, WE NEED YOUR PRAYERS!

Hey team. Todays post is strictly asking for your prayers. I know, I know.. you guys are all but prayed up.. but ask The Lord for strength because there are SO MANY MORE! .. (and hello, don't forget that I'm waiting to hear how I can pray for you all too)

FIRST, HERE ARE SOME PRAISES:

*** Not even 5 minutes ago I recieved an email from a friend saying that she wanted to purchase the 4 remaining Passion tickets!! (if you dont know what I'm talking about click here: http://leegrayson.blogspot.com/2008/07/its-lee-again.html )
ALL 7 OF THEM ARE GOING!!!!!! Thank you guys for giving and praying. Isn't he a FAITHFUL FATHER?!

*** Taelo has new shoes! Someone has purchased them and he will be so humbled!!! PRAISE THE LORD! (http://leegrayson.blogspot.com/2008/07/its-lee-again.html )

*** THree of the patients we have been working with/praying for in the hospitals have been RELEASED! See, He still HEALS!


*** Remember me asking you guys to pray for rest the staff where I am living??? Well THE DAY AFTER I POSTED THAT, their "boss" came in and said they must each take a day of the week off. This is the first time they have ever had anything like that. They are already so full of life again! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

If you thought/think blogs are silly.. just look at how God is using this. these are no small things, I hope we'll take time to really thank God for all He is doing..


NOW, WILL YOU JOIN ME IN PRAYING FOR THE FOLLOWING??

*** Last night, Alabanza was robbed. To you and I, this is horribly scary.. to my friends here, this is the norm. Normal or not, it was still an unfortunate event. They actually robbed the house I am staying in (dont worry mom.. keep reading). They didn't enter the house (it is rare that they EVER enter the house, they only want possessions), yet they robbed our clothesline. They stole all of the drying clothes which belonged to Luiza (the South African we live with), baby Vaeli, baby Joy, and our friend Dave. We heard the dogs barking, but we didn't think much of it. Please pray that it doesn't happen again... and pray for our team as we pull our resources to get clothes to those who lost them! Please continue to pray for our safety!

*** Please pray for Theresa's car. She bought one and since we've been here its been broken. They have jacked the price up from 400 Rand to 1500 Rand (they found out we were Americans ;) ). We are waiting for a part, then a mechanic can fix it.. but until then we are stuck around Alabanza. Our hearts are in Swaziland and we know from all that God has done that we are supposed to be there.. so please pray taht the car will be "healed" and that we can go see our sweet friends across the country!

*** Please pray for our health. I have been very very ill for the last 2 days. My nights have been really rough and my body is having a hard time getting adjusted to this way of life. I missed a day of ministry in the slums today and it was so hard for me. Theresa went and said it was amazing! Please pray that I can go tomorrow!!!!!!!

*** Please pray for our friends from Zimbabwe. They are in the middle of starting their refugee papers and its a hassle. They NEED THESE!!




"The poor will eat and be satisfied; they who seek the Lord will praise him-- may your hearts live forever!" Psalm 22:26

"I will praise you forever for what you have done; in your name I will hope, for your name is good. I will praise you in the presence of your saints." Psalm 52:9

"Everyone was amazed and gave praise to God. They were filled with awe and said, "We have seen remarkable things today." Luke 5:26




ok.. i think im done. talk to me.. let me know how you are.


love you. Lee

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What an exciting journey that you are on! Sorry that I missed your call. Who was talking to me? They said that they were your mother? Have I been replaced?

I am not getting the warm fuzzies between the robbery and your being sick.

What is wrong? How is your wound? Is it giving you any problems?

Let me hear from you because I need some info for college!! I will email your email accounts.

I love and miss you! I am so proud of you!

Unknown said...

Hey Lee,

I got this in an email today - Thursday and just wanted to share it with you.

While what you are doing is a big thing - it is made up of countless little moments that mean a great deal.

In case you are not aware! , Saint Theresa is known as the Saint of the Little Ways, meaning she believed in doing the little things in life well and with great love.

Prayer is one of the best free gifts we receive. Read the prayer below.


Saint Theresa's Prayer

May today there be peace within.

May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.

May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you.

May you be confident knowing you are a child of God. Let this presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love.