Wednesday, January 11, 2006

never say never!

i know i know. you're probably like, "lee is such a hypocrite! she said she'd never get one of these!"- CORRECT. i bashed blogs! I just didnt understand why anyone would ever want to write personal things on a website for lots of people to see... and other random sketchballs to find. eeeew. see.. I felt like the raw part of me that comes out in my writing was suited only for my.. and Jesus' eyes. In fact, it was my own pride that caused me to never start one of these.. i didn't want to be real.. with the worldwide web.. or MYSELF. I found that It would only be fake stuff on here.. that i couldn't write from the reality of my heart. Even as i sit here and type.. i wonder if I'm doing the right thing. Do I want to be accountable to the things I write? Wouldnt it just be easier to live all my different lives, put on all my different faces, and never be called out on that? Do I really know anything about things I am writing about? Will this really do any good? these are all fears of mine. butttt (yep here comes the big turn-around.. wait for itttttttt.........).. Jesus has since stepped in and allowed me to learn to be honest with myself.. with who I was.. who I am.. and who Im becoming.. and He's teaching me to be OK with ME. yea, like .. the REAL me. He's teaching me to open up, to trust, to allow people to lead me and to serve me. So.. here I BE! Its been hard.. but theres a pretty good chance that it might just be the most amazing journey I've EVER been on. No shame in the past, no unsatisfaction with the present, and no worries about the future. HE'S IN CONTROL.

Job 23:14 "So he will do for me all he has planned. He controls my destiny."

so. if im mad, you'll know. sad.. oh yea. . happy.. haha, you'll definitely notice. feel MORE THAN free to call me out.. im quite POSITIVE there'll be more times than not that you guys will need to hold me accountable.
come join me in this little blogging experience.. its gonna be cccrazy. ha.

Jesus, this blog is for Your glory. May it uphold the truths you teach and may it solely render Your honor and praise. I pray you would allow me to humble, quiet, gentle and real..please lead me by Your spirit, and NOT by my religion. Amen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Lee,

I'm sure you had a wonderful birthday and African 4th of July. I just wanted to let you know that you are continuously in my prayers. We miss you too, but how selfish it would have been for us to try and stop you from what God has called you to do. You are the perfect soul for the mission. When the call came to go, you made your life readily available to Christ without condition. Because of your sincere intelligently daily prayers for unreached persons, God has sat you in the midst. Thank you for being who you are and allowing the Lord to rain on those who would not have as much hope without you. :-)
God Speed, I love you and miss you and am blessed to have met you.
-Sondra C.