Monday, January 16, 2006

.I love being Yours.

WOW! there is SUCH pleasure in trusting in Jesus. im not even kidding. what a fun, much-needed-stressless day!
I woke up to find a sweet care package from my mom with a simple sticky-note message that read"i love you and miss you.. you're on my mind even as you read this!".. wow. i love that lady!
This morning, I had brunch with Sydney at Big Blue Bagel.. ahhhh.. I LOVE HER. She is such an encouragement to me. It was nice to have a moment just to listen to what is going on in her life and step out of whats been going on with me.
later.. mary and I grabbed coffee and did a little shopping. Old Navy was having a HUGE SALE! I am now the new owner of black pants, two shirts, and a pink zip-up.. all to the tune of only 25$ (thanks also to my super-mom who sent me a 10 dollars off coupon in her sweet package!)!
Mary and I decided we hadn't had enough fun yet so we took a little joyride around Opelika and Auburn. I love looking at houses, i feel so grown up! ha. It was nice to laugh and sing and just be our normal fun selves (which we haven't really been up to doing lately).. then Mary and Kelly and I decided to cook a big dinner.. fried chicken, hashbrown casserole, greens.. ahh all the good fixins! it was YUMMMMM. we had such a good time (even if one of our dinner guests.. aka: MATTHEW MORGAN.. has anal glands that are OFFICIALLY the most rank things EVER).


ok so you are probably like WHAT? I didnt need a run-down on your day. I know you didnt. I wrote this to show that God was all over my day. His face was around every corner and His blessings were in EVERYTHING I did. And I know that is a result of surrender. He just wanted to remind me of what it felt like to give up, and let go.




so.. Thank You Jesus for showing up today. Thanks for placing a caring thought inside my mom, even though she's finding it hard to be cheerful right now. Thank you for allowing time for Sydney and I to just laugh and laugh this morning. Thank you for Beth's phone call. Thank you for the sales at Old Navy.. you know just what to do to make me smile! Thank you for random roadtrips with Mary and for allowing us to take time to step outside of what is going on in our lives. It was such a blessing to be in the no-worry zone for a while. Thank you for our wonderful time of fellowship tonight. I love being Yours.

No comments: