Monday, March 06, 2006

i just want show you..



"you're my blue sky, you're my sunny day. Lord, you know it makes me high when you turn you're love my wayyyyyy.."



ok. allman brothers, thank you for the perfect song for today. blue sky. sunny day. and the Lord has turned His love my way. for sure.

sunshine. cool breeze. blue sky. short-sleeves and skirts. flip-flops and barefeet. good music. riding with the windows down...
no doubt that these things make a clear indication of the fathers love for me. He knows me. He knows that I LOVE these things.

This weather is a GIGANTIC invitation to commune with Our God. This weather is the kind when I feel like God is just nudging me to go out and play. I found myself begging God to let the light change from green to red so that I could sit and enjoy the weather longer... and boy is that different from my usual plea.. its usually "God please justt hold the green light ONE second longer, i'm running late!!". funny. its for sure that this weather does a number
on my attitude. I just feel so at peace and at ease today. At bible study we've been talking about fighting for joy and how there are days when we literally have to BATTLE to maintain His joy in us. well..Today.. was the opposite for me. Today was one of those days for me when I just felt like NOTHING in the world could push me down, stand in my way, or steal my perspective. Nothing was blocking my view of Him today. It's amazing how clearly I see and interact and trust in God when everything is pretty. But I need this realization most on days when its yucky and cold and when life isn't going my way. Im so thankful that He creates days like today as a model for what His pure joy looks like, and what that can look like in ME! I'm so glad that He takes the "todays" in my life to illustrate how much of a difference my outlook is on life when I'm simply rejoicing in Him alone. Today, He reminded me that there is fruit that comes in the laboring pursuit of Him! Today, I remembered why I fight for joy! I LOVE TODAY!

Thank you Jesus for today. thank you for pulling me out of bed early this morning and allowing me to experience You by simply admiring and resting in the beautiful day You created.!

No comments: