Wednesday, December 31, 2008

JOIN ME!

Tomorrow, January 1st, I am starting (ok, re-starting) a one-year study of the bible. Meesh, Ber, and I bought this one year study/ journal bible in South Africa this summer. We did it for about a month and then we all headed home,and  it got really hard to keep up. Because this particular Bible's order of reading begins on January 1,  I've been waiting until now to begin. I think that following it by the days they have assigned makes it much easier to stay on course. The roadmap of the study is really simple. Every day you will study: 

a chapter/verse in the Old Testament
 a verse or chapter in Psalms or Proverbs, 
and 
a chapter/verse in the New Testament

It allows time to digest the big stuff, and I never felt overwhelmed (but then again, I didn't make it too far..). 

Obviously, barely getting through Genesis and Matthew the first time might indicate that I need accountability. Maybe? YES. That's where you come in.. I WANT YOU TO JOIN ME! There is no pressure to know it all, and there are no prerequisites. You don't have to know ANYTHING. We will journey together, with no one ahead, and no one behind. Different viewpoints and different opinions will increase our knowledge of our God, and will season our walk with Him. You in?

I know it's late to make this "announcement" (typical, huh?).. but you have like 12 1/2 hours to decide.. c'mon..

Email me at lowrylg@gmail.com or post a comment below. I'll email you back with the schedule, and I'll  post here tomorrow morning with the first day's reading. 

I'm excited :)

Lee


*** update: Several people have asked where you can buy the particular Bible that I'll be using. The Bible is "ESV Journaling Bible". Lifeway Christian Bookstores sell it, but when I went to their website, it seemed very expensive. However, if you search for it on Amazon, there are some VERY good prices. I am using the solid black one, but there are  colored ones that seem to be much cheaper (weird). You can also google search "ESV Journaling Bible" and it locates all different stores that sell it. Here are some links to help you out: Google Product Search, Lifeway,  and Amazon. HOWEVER, know that you  do not have to use this particular Bible. The ESV may be the best translation to use as far as comparing notes/scripture, but whatever you have will work! I'm MORE THAN PUMPED.. keep emailing.. the more the merrier :)  ***

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm down.
-holli [vininhl@auburn.edu]

Katie Holden said...

Me! Can I get the study anywhere here?
Katie Holden
ktholden23@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

yea yea yea! i've been wanting to do this too!

Unknown said...

Add me in. I want to do the study. Can you send it to my hotmail account since I am away from work? The address is sra77@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

where you come from!