Monday, December 29, 2008

I've got the desire..

.. for adventure.

maybe it's the new year and all the resolutions and forecasting we do.. , or maybe it's the extra cash flowing as a result of Christmas generosity... but I am YEARNING (dramatic? yes) to do something adventurous. Let me clarify, by adventurous I do not mean:
1) mountain biking 
2) bungee jumping
3) sky diving
4) going to a Monster Truck Show
5) ice picking 

My version of adventurous includes, but is not limited to:
1) moving to new york city 
2) quitting school (remember when we talked about this over Mellow Mushroom 2 years ago, rebekah?)
3) getting another tattoo
4) exploring Europe for 5-6 months
5) all of the above



It's funny.. because... i'm actually quite serious.

Do you ever sit back and wonder if you are doing what you were made for? I've been doing that for over a year (Danielle, you can pull up your facebook messages for a year+ as evidence of this, huh? and Holli? the porch talks?)...  A WHOLE YEAR. There are so many reasons.. but the main reason for this confusion is that I have an unreasonable and unhealthy need to live my life the way that the world thinks I should (or the way I think the world thinks I should live). I'm not placing blame.. I'm just honestly afraid of messing up. 
The new year is sure to bring about more honest and transparent blogs.. and maybe you'll be able to see why I question the current state of my life. But I really feel the need to stretch my legs and walk boldly into something totally uncomfortable. To do something completely irrational, unreasonable, and seemingly ridiculous.. yet totally necessary and liberating.

Lord, you have complete authority on every move I make. I'm begging- give me vision.. BE my vision.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

go for it. do it. be adventurous. be bold. figure out life. ...im starting to SERIOUSLY wonder the same thing...

Anonymous said...

i miss those porch talks. and that porch in general.

Anonymous said...

I like your blog