Thursday, January 01, 2009

2009.. WHAT?!

Happy New Year, blog world.. It feels like yesterday that I was wholeheartedly convinced that 2000 would be the end of time, wiping me clear off the planet! 
I was 14 and dramatic, ok?

I always heard that however you ring in your new year or spend the first day of the new year will pattern how the rest of that year will turn out. If so, this is going to be the laziest year of my life!
I ate some yummy grits, watched the Rose Parade, sent a few emails, and didn't even dare take off my comfy pajamas until near 2 o clock. Tonight, mom and I watched 2 movies we rented from the movie vending machine (you have to check this out) for 1$ .. ONE WHOLE DOLLAR (apparently cheap is the theme of my year.. definitely satisfied with that). I mean, can we say FABULOUS? 

My 2009 is off to a great start and I pray that yours is the same. I was reading a friend of mine's blog and I scrolled down to find this story. It is amazingly powerful and mimic's a theme that the Lord has been burning into me since my first trip to Africa in 2007: "Believe the Lord for who He says He is". That is scribbled into every notepad and pinned on so many surfaces around me. Maybe you're already there, or maybe you've got no clue.. either way, this story serves as an incredible reminder of our great Savior and His relentless faithfulness . Read it here. (Thanks Kristin).



Also, if you're doing the One Year Study, or want to, the next two days look like this: 
Today's (JAN 1) Reading Schedule:
* Genesis 1 and 2, Psalm 1, AND Matthew 1 and 2
Tomorrow's (Jan 2) Reading Schedule:
* Genesis 3 and 4, Psalm 2, AND Matthew 3 and 4




how did you ring in the new year? 



2 comments:

Kristin said...

Our Jesus is so good isn't He?

I miss you my friend! Let me know if you ever venture to the atl. Would love to sit down over a cup of coffee with you! :)

Anonymous said...

can you email me: mcbratz-girl@hotmail.co.uk, i have some question wanna ask you.thanks